View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 02:10 AM
coffeecozy

I really should have asked first instead of getting all excited and just going for it. Perhaps careful leaf placement is my solution if I want to continue with my bias tape.
The pattern calls for a 3/8" bias strip to be stitched down on the wrong side and then finger pressed in to the stitch line. Which is what some of you do. I thought that I would struggle with keeping it even and wanted to be able to focus on my hand stitching (not beautiful yet) so I made 1/4" bias tape. Maybe I should try your way before I decide that it's too hard to do.
The bias bars look wonderful and I will definitely pick up a set at my LQS next visit. Thank you for pointing them out.
The runner is 40" long with a stem running up the middle so there was no way to avoid a seam. I did press it open. It is just a lot of fabric in so skinny a strip.
And yes, I tried stitching a few pieces down before I got going and I am very surprised at how much I am enjoying the hand work. It will be so nice to have something to take with me and to sit outside with in the nice weather.
Thank you for all the ideas. I will see which way I can have the best success with.