View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 12:09 PM
Caroline94535

Don't worry - I did not purchase them; I just "saw" them. Both machines had cords with some fraying and they were dusty and rather dirty. But the paint, finish, and decals were bright and lovely. The one I purchased a few weeks back was almost pristine and sewed on the spot.

I'm in no danger of playing a fool's game over sewing toys! I have two working machines, a new Bernina and a vintage Pfaff 130. I still have the Singer my Grandmother bought me in 1975 - simply because she bought it for me, and the little Singer 15-91 because it sews; it came with a small cabinet that fits perfectly under a LR window, and was $59.

I live "out on the prairie" in an unpopulated area; it's 50 miles to the nearest little thrift shop. I don't see more than 3-4 machines for sale every year, and most of them are newer, beat up plastic models. Of course I only get to town about once a month and on to Fargo (150 miles) about once a year so I'm sure I miss seeing some treasures!

I have been working with the iPod photos but I may have to take my digital camera next time. The older machine was so small - and "cute."

Last edited by Caroline94535; 03-19-2015 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Still trying photos!