Old 03-19-2015, 12:15 PM
mpspeedy2

Originally Posted by oklahomamom2 View Post
So for the last couple of days I have been watching videos on different sewing machines that I would like to have. I know I want a sewing machine that is a sewing/embroidery and quilting machine but I haven't found one really. The embroidery machine I have looking at is Brother 6800 which is $360.82 and Juki TL-2010Q High Performance which is 999.00 I found this one I can make payments on. I really like the Janome 8900QCP but couldn't find a place to make payments online to get it. I need some advice on should I just break down and get two different sewing machines? or keep searching for a place online to get a Janome 8900QCP? the reason I say online is because my closes dealer is 2 hours away. I would really like your thoughts on this?
I personally don't like the combination sewing and embroidery machines. I find the straight stitch is not nearly as secure and true if that machine also does embroidery. I own two embroidery only machines and can set them up to sew out a design and let it run while I am doing straight stich sewing on my other machine. My sewing setup consists of my "regular" sewing machine on one table with the two embroidery machines behind me on another table. I can hoop up a design on each of the embroidery machine, if so desired and let them run while I work on a straight stitch machine. When the embroidery machine needs a change of thread etc. I just whirl around on my typing chair and do what is needed, then resume both my embroidery and regular sewing. My projects get done in half the tme.