Old 03-19-2015, 01:59 PM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by imsewnso
I pin them together as I take them off the wall and put them back on the wall when I am finished sewing that seam.
that's the way i do also. i do scrap quilts w bazillions of pieces in each block. lay the patches for the block on a piece of felt so i can remember the order i want them in. stitch the block and put on design wall in wanted position as i finish them. then i usually move them around a bit til i'm happy w the color mix and pin each block side to side and stitch row, replace on wall and do next row of blocks. i have no problems. did a scrap quilt couple years ago w gifted fabric and scraps. 2" cut, too small to wash, so pieced the blocks, took pick of design wall w desired layout using my ipad. rinsed the blocks w colorcatchers & got storage smells and bleeders cared for, then i reassembled the blocks back on design wallusing ipad pic for placement reference. this idea also works for replacing blocks in appropriate positions when happy doggy tails dislodge some before i start sewing all together.