Thread: Clever Quarters
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 03:13 PM
Rosyhf

Ok I went to utube to find you a video on PP on freezer. I will not comment lol...so lets see if I can do this so you can understand it. It is understood that you know how to pp on paper. You will have your pattern printed on the back side of the fp. On the sticky side you will lightly press your triangle (doing my pattern) making sure that you are at least 1/4 inch past the pattern lines or a little more. Put you card or, I use a piece of a plastic sheet, on the line where the next join is going to be, and fold the pattern back, place 1/4 inch ruler and cut, now you have your 1/4 inch seam. place your next tri, right sides together on the previous tri, now sew the seam, Notice the paper is folded back, you are not sewing through the paper, The tri is stuck on the back of the paper and is not moving.

Now fold the paper down and lightly iron that tri down, now do the other side and press that tri down and so on....you are doing the same thing, except that you don't sew through the paper but instead you fold it back and just sew the fabric seams together. I have a 1/4 inch foot on my brother quilt club that runs besides the paper fold and sews the seam on the fabric only. Just remember to fold the paper back and iron that piece on. Iron from the back, not on the fabric side. Iron on the pattern side.
Attached Thumbnails dsci0007.jpg   dsci0010.jpg   dsci0015.jpg  

Last edited by Rosyhf; 03-19-2015 at 03:18 PM.