View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 05:08 PM
Colorful1

Originally Posted by panderz View Post
I have literally read every comment for 19 pages. I LOVE this thread. So many of the things people have talked about are things I have never heard of so it was nice to learn more about the options out there. Some of the things I had heard of and thought about purchasing but now might put off on. If someone more experienced hasn't used them then I probably won't either.
Can't wait to try out the all the different ruler. Although I think I will try and just buy the clear ones. I have been doing lots of research for the rotary cutters. I know I need one but don't want to spend the money on one that isn't worth it. any brand suggestions are welcome! I already have a matt but will probably buy another one as this one is dark grey and orange and hard to see.

<3Mandi<3
I've amassed a collection of rotary cutters (Martelli, Olfa, Kai, Fiskars, Gingher, etc.) and my favorite mfr. hands down is Kai. They produce their own rotary cutter as well as Omnigrid's and F&P's. Different colors, same design...it has a lock, a built-in safety shield, a thickness adjustment, and a soft grip handle in strategic places. Easy to use, change blade, etc. Their blades are also extremely long lasting (much longer than the best-selling brands) provided you don't cut pins, etc.

As for mats: I like Olfa and Omnigrid. I use my rotating Olfa mats regularly.
Didnt care for Fiskars and Gingher mats.

Rulers: Creative Grids, and Olfa frosted rulers are my preferred choices.

Good luck in your quest!