View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 08:44 PM
miss_ticky2

Originally Posted by slbram17 View Post
I too am somewhat interested in an industrial machine. I don't sew for business purposes but have recently started making purses and I make pet beds for the shelter which sometimes can get thick. So it is not absolutely necessary but it seems like an industrial would make it easier.
I have read where they are fast, but isn't there a foot control or motor that controls the speed to make it go at a more comfortable speed? Or is it just fast? The other factor is maintenance, I am sure I would not have a local service person to go to. But maybe because they are somewhat limited in their functionality, little or no service/maintenance is needed?
slbram17...I bought a small industrial Brother machine just before Christmas so that I sew faster. I work at home, sewing for a company, and needed a zigzag that would be faster. Mine is an old machine and when I bought it the guy put a new servo motor on it (it had a clutch motor before). The servo motor has a speed control and I can turn it way down slow if I want to. Plus, I have found that I can control the speed quite well with just the foot pedal, although it's not as slow as a domestic machine like that. But, I can control it for what I need with the pedal. The guy I bought it from sells industrial machines and he set the machine up to suit what I am sewing and all I do now is just oil it every week and give it a clean out. It's very basic and not much on it to go wrong. However, if something did go wrong, like timing, then it would be good to have someone who could attend to it