View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 08:05 AM
Sewnoma

One question I have - how critical is it to tell the two wires coming directly out of the motor apart? I don't really understand polarity so I can't just TELL and I'm afraid of doing things backwards. I didn't see anything on the wires coming out of the motor to tell me which is which, but I could have missed it.

And is it correct that the light is just wired straight into the motor & pedal cords? Three wires joining in both spots? That feels wrong to me but I don't know what's correct or where else the wires would go.

The diagrams I've found are about wiring a plug on the motor, but mine doesn't have a plug, just wires that have been twisted together with a plastic nut that then leave the junction box and go to the pedal, outlet, and lamp (which is the cut wire). I'm afraid "they" might have wired in these new wires and it was all messed up and that's why they just snipped the lamp off entirely. I don't know what keywords I'm missing to find diagrams for just hard-wiring the pedal, cord & lamp to the motor.