Old 03-21-2015, 08:32 AM
SingerSewer

I prefer separate machines for sewing and embroidery. I have them close together so I can watch the embroidery machine while stitching on the sewing machine.

There are some really good deals out there but takes time to look at all of them. Brother has a machine that is not terribly expensive that embroiders only for around $700. I think it is limited to a design no larger than 5" x 7" and that is what about 80% of the designs used. I would suggest not buying one with a limitation of 4" x 4" because those designs are getting hard to find. Also they have a small machine called a Brother Simplicity for sewing that has lots of stitches along with a needle threader and scissors. I think it is around $500. Also you may have to go to a Brother dealer to find these machines. I don't think they are the ones sold anywhere else.

One thing that is sometimes not considered is the software for embroidery machines. It is used for designs that don't come on your machine. You might try to negotiate a software program so you can see your designs on the computer if you purchase from a dealer. Mine doesn't digitize or anything like that.

Let us know what you decide.