View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 11:33 AM
ragamuffin

I took the sweatshirt to jacket course and was very disappointed. The one thing I did learn was to quilt-as-you-go, that way you cut the lining and put the batting in as you lay the pieces of the front, and then sew. If you look at the above website Barb in Louisiana wrote, look carefully at patterns K4004 and K3918. You can use these two and really put together a nice jacket. If you get a pattern, lay it out and measure it, copying one that fits you good and you like. I know I need a fuller front than back and I need short sleeves. I like the length to come down past my butt or covering the waist. If you get a pattern and need help, please PM me and I can help you. I have fabric that I want to use for one too with the blue herons on. By the way, I would line it with a polyester lining so you can wash it and do something to the edges so they do not fray, overcasting maybe. I have tailored many jackets and know what goes in them. Use an interfacing on the collar if you have a collar, down the front and inside the pockets. That is where it wears. If you use a zipper, make sure you wash it before using because they shrink. I would probably wash the fabric before hand too. Good luck