Thread: If you...
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 07:19 PM
captlynhall

All your comments take me back. We had a railroad track behind the 1/2 acre garden and loved to play on it. Especially the trestle that crossed the creek. One time the train stopped and my brother and I got to go aboard the caboose. Trains don't even have them anymore. I loved laying out on a blanket on the grass at night and look up at the Milky Way and try to find the big dipper and the north star. I loved paper dolls, and softball, and making mud pies. In the summer, we slept with the windows open and the attic fan brought in a great breeze. We never locked the doors when we went somewhere. For 37 cents, I could ride the bus all the way into the city. I did that alone at 11 yrs. old. I would spend all day, going to the library, window shopping, having a hot dog at the stand up bar. I also remember popping tar bubbles with our toes. We would ride our bicycles for miles, and we could stay out from sun up to sun down and nobody was worried about us. Grandma made us ice-water in a crock that had a push button spigot, so we could get a drink without having to come into the house. I loved Sunday dinners with all the cousins, aunts and uncles.