View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 08:41 PM
zozee

You got a good machine at a decent price, I'd say. Not outstanding, but fair. The dealers have to make money because they have the overhead, but they also offer customer service, classes, and sometimes a year of free maintenance which you don't get with the online purchases. If you spent less than $249 online, for example, on a machine that needs a tune -up or cleaning or minor repair in a year or two, that's another $50-100 depending on the shop . So you will end up spending it sometime or another.

I don't know why all the secrecy. I don't like to pit one dealer against another, nor play the haggle game when i just really don't know what kind of wiggle room they have . It's honestly preventing me from getting more serious about a big Janome I want . I want them to like me as a loyal customer, but I also want the best price and feel good about the service relationship too, without going inconveniently far .

If I feel the seller/dealer of anything is withholding their best price when I'm ready to buy, I halt. If they try to upsell me too much, it's a turn-off. If they badmouth another dealer, I don't appreciate that either. It would make things easier if the dealer's sticker prices were a lot closer to the selling price, just a smidge higher than online, huh? That would tell me they've got room to move and still make a profit, and I won't feel gouged.