View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 03:59 AM
quilterpurpledog

I bought a new Bernina B530 about fifteen months ago from a dealer that handled many brands of machines. It was priced for a sale. It was a floor model and there was a trade in discount. I said I did not want to trade in my Bernina 1130. The sales person consulted with the owner (sounds like a car deal!). They agreed to give the same price and I kept my old machine. This was great because I did not want to purchase all of the feet again. Of course, the feet from the 1130 do not fit the B530. I think it is called 'marketing'. The price on the new feet were more than double what I had paid for the feet on the 1130. I did buy a maintenance agreement for two years because it was less than two checks for an independent service person. I think the price structuring is not meant to be user r=friendly and you must do your homework and decide what is important to you. Dealers are not in business to do you favors; they are interested in the biggest bottom line possible. I am always ready to 'walk away'.