Old 03-24-2015, 03:01 PM
sews

"Shouldn't there be an arm with a notch that moves the thread back and forth?"
Yooper32, I'm afraid there isn't one. The way it is set up, the thread does move back and forth once for the full width of the bobbin but then it makes only short trips back and forth in the center of the spool.

maviskw, this machine has (IMO) some relatively advanced engineering and some more elegant solutions than for example the Singer 28 that I'm familiar with. This makes me assume that there is a better way to wind a bobbin than just guiding the thread manually..... But thanks for that info!

SteveH, I've played with the metal "ladle" in front of the bobbin some more and discovered that you are right, it does POTENTIALLY disengage the winding mechanism once the spool is filled. I have not filled one yet, as I'm still not able to go back and forth all the way across (except the 2 initial turns).

I did take a closer look at this, and found that there is a slot and hole underneath the tension disks. I've threaded it to include this in the thread path, but that didn't improve the performance..... :-( . I'm still doing something wrong.

Thanks for the responses so far :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514716[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc05629a.jpg