View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 06:14 PM
zozee

Default Will I Ever Love Quilting?

I love every phase of quilting except quilting.

I love to shop for fabric, find or make designs, audition fabrics, cut, piece, bind, not really sandwich but it's okay.

My problem is I just really don't enjoy the quilting phase. Granted, I only have a small Janome sewing machine (DC1050) and a couple of mechanical machines, also small. My personality is geared toward doing small projects, but I have done something larger (large throw) which I sent to a friend to quilt.
So far I've only been brave enough to try stitch in the ditch. That feels safe, but boring.

Can you please tell me if quilting gets more fun if I were to invest in a larger machine, or if I'm kidding myself? I sure don't want to waste money. If there's a way to look forward to the one phase that trips me up motivationally, I'd love to know.

Any suggestions? I know I'm not alone. I know there are people who share this feeling of not liking the quilting portion of making a quilt, but wondering if the size of the machine makes an exponential difference. By the time I get to that far, I'm ready to be done with the thing already. I would like for every step to be something I enjoy.