Old 03-25-2015, 12:03 PM
Carolina Sweetheart

When we moved I did place all my material in plastic totes but we were only moving 4 miles. For anyone moving and needing boxes you can go to your nearest Lowe's Building Supply and ask them to save their inventory boxes for you. They told me what day to come pick them up and it was amazing how many, not broken down, I could load into our Expedition. These are just the right size to pack with so that the weight (even with heavy things) doesn't get to be hard to handle. The boxes break down and go back together great and they have an over-fold flap top that tucks in and open handle grips on each end. We didn't have to tape a box since we were not going very far. They were free as they just break them down and recycle them. I guess they still have their inventory delivered that way. I could never understand why they didn't use plastic totes and reuse them instead of cardboard but it was a great deal for me and we still are using several of them for different reasons. And I recycled them by giving them to a friend that was moving also.