View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 03:34 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by carolstickelmaier View Post
What is your opinions on different pedmonitors? sp? To record the amount of steps I take in a day. I am looking for one not too expensive but that WORKS. I know there are days I walk very little but days that I seem to be on my feet all day. Decided to see just what my physical health level is. I do have trouble walking some days (severe back problems) but want to improve my mobility. Can you help? Thanks for all opinions you have.
I just bought a new Omron Pedometer- the other one lasted over ten years - it is the HJ-325. I hook it to my slax first thing in the AM and wear it all day. It keeps one week track of your walking, how many steps, how many miles, how many calories you burn. I was just diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure and have to start walking again. (I quit when I was taking care of my husband). I love the Omron. Your start is 2,000 steps which equals one mile. I also sent in for a Leslie Sansome CD for the one mile walk. My tape broke the other day - and needless to say, I can't get a new one, so I went for the CD. Should be delivered tomorrow. It'll surprise you how much you walk in one day and not even realize it. My husband couldn't believe that on a really good day, I could pump out 7-8 miles a day. My sister who is two years younger than I am can do 10 on a good day. Some days you have good days, some days you don't, it's ok. It is what you feel comfortable doing! I have to do some checking with my cardiologist to see if five miles a day is too much or not enough. Whatever he wants is fine with me. It takes me 20 minutes to walk a mile. Not shabby for a 76 year old I don't think!

So, again, I prefer the Omron. Edie -- and good luck to you.