Old 03-26-2015, 03:09 PM
kiffie2413

Hi all,
I've been out with what I call the "creeping crud", I finally broke down and went to the Dr, antibiotics are finally kicking in (but come with their own assortment of issues). I'm going on 12 days of sick. I haven't been down for the count like this in years. Flu shot? Check. Hand sanitizer? Check. Wash hands, use wipes on grocery basket handles, wipe down door knobs, remote control, etc when anyone is sick? Check.
Still get the "creeping crud"? Check, check, check...GRRR... I've had more kidney stones and surgeries than I care to recall, but my family will attest to the fact that I only whine when I have the flu/"creeping crud"...Crazy, but that's me..

Terriamn,
Happy to hear your news and that you're on the mend!

I love all the latest mug rugs being shared. I must say my ddil has a special affinity for the hibiscus one. She loves all things hibiscus..

I can only add I, too love the friendship and camaraderie of our swaps. And I try to be as kind as I can be. I'm always my own worst critic. I think Lynnie summed it up great when she said just try to double check things..tuck in threads, make sure seams are sewn completely, trim your threads, etc. I myself hand tie off my threads, and bury them. But I certainly don't expect that to be done on things I receive. It's just the way I learned, and it's honestly relaxing for me to sit on the couch while hubs and I watch tv, and I can tie off and bury my threads...If I make a big "Ruh-roh", I take the stitches out and redo them. I do it for ME. and because I can only get better if I'm trying to do the best I can.
Lastly, I don't go to Brat, or any of our hostesses with complaints. Because I know I couldn't run a swap here..no way, no how. I really appreciate everything they do for us. I sign up for a swap knowing we've all got different levels of experience, and I know I will ALWAYS be learning something...
Regards,
Kif

Just saw that beach mug rug with the chair..it's darling, too!

Last edited by kiffie2413; 03-26-2015 at 03:11 PM.