Old 03-26-2015, 05:50 PM
ctyankee

Wow! So much has happened since the last time I looked here!

First, love that mixed media mug rug. Amazing job, & the lavender theme is great!

I thought the Adirondack chair was 3D! Love that mug rug & the goodies, too!

Oh, gosh, I think there was a third mug rug ... hmmm ... I have to look back!

I think favorite critter is a wonderful idea! Or favorite woodland creature, or favorite ocean/sea creature, or favorite ... well, I'm game for whatever is decided.

I suppose it makes sense to do what your partner prefers, but that may be a very real challenge, depending on what said partner likes! If we make what we like, then we can get it done much faster. For myself, I tend to spend most of my time thinking about what to make, letting it gel for quite some time until it decides it's ready for me to start pulling fabric. Time-consuming, but that's how I roll. And it doesn't matter if it's a bed-sized quilt or a mug rug -- it's the same process for me. So if I make what my partner likes ... it may be a very long while before she sees it!

Perhaps we can expand the scope a little? What if our partner says "woodland creature"? Then the maker of the mug rug can choose which woodland creature to create. That way, one person gets a woodland creature & the other gets to use her creativity to make a woodland creature that talks to her, instead of being boxed into, say, making a deer or whatever. Does that make sense to anyone?

So, going with that thought, what if we pick a theme like "Favorite Creature"? We can then have sub-categories in which to choose for our partner to make for us. Like, pick from one of the following categories: Woodland Creature, Ocean/Sea Creature, Garden Creature (can include bugs/bees), Winged Creature (birds/butterflies/bees/bugs), Wild Creatures (open to interpretation), Frozen North Creatures, Mountain ... you get the idea.

Or, how about Things with Wings, Things with Hooves, Things with Gills, Things with Fur, Things with ...

Any thoughts on any of this?