View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 07:47 PM
earthwalker
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
I am wild about my FitBit, and most of my friends have them. I clip mine to the middle of my bra, the clip is really strong, can't imagine losing it, Rob clips his on his shirt pocket.

You don't have to mark out 20 steps or any of that stuff. When you get the FitBit you go online to register it with the numbers off the box. At that time you also input your height and weight and the software does the work re: stride and calories burned. If you get taller or weight changes just alter the original input at fitbit.

the computer picks up your totals, I think it pings for it every 20 minutes so if you are at the computer at least that long once a day you'll have your totals correct.

If you want you can connect (or friend) family or friends fitbits. I get an email once a week that gives me my totals and in the left hand column how many steps my friends have been getting.

Best wishes, I clip mine on every single day as representation of my intention of living healthier and longer (I've had cancer twice) even if I know it will only be a 1000 step day because I'll be sewing or in the office all day.
10,000 steps a day is the recommended goal by the health experts.
Love my Fitbit too. I have the bracelet one, and I am so used to wearing it, I miss it if it's not on. I find it very useful, and I like the fact it keeps you motivated. So cool when it vibrates when you achieve your 10,000 steps.