Old 03-27-2015, 03:40 AM
leatheflea

Yep I sure do. I put a stitch in anything that will take one! Some people seem to forget that quilt fabric manufactures tell you should only use designer quilt fabric because... it's what they sell. It's called marketing strategy. Some say they've had trouble quilting sheets. That just tells me that they haven't done enough research to see what needle and thread would work best for a higher count fabric. Someone put a seam in that sheet before selling it so you should be able to sew it too! However I will say that I try to stay around 300 thread count or less. My LQS sold extra wide designer backing fabric that was 300 count. So why do most designer fabric manufactures say that their 80-90 count is the best? I think some quilters just want to say what they paid for the fabric or that it's designer. And what about the gorgeous silk quilts you see at the quilt shows? Are they 80-90 count and made by one of the major quilt fabric manufacturers? I don't think so. But that's ok, the more quilters that don't buy sheets or clothing from Thrift shops the better, it leaves more for me! Now I'm not saying I don't buy designer fabric because there's one designer that just rocks my quilty world. However due to her outrageous prices I buy very little. I usually buy a bundle and mix in my thrift fabrics to make as many quilts as I can with one bundle.