View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 06:15 AM
Latrinka

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
Thanks for posting the correct link to the boxy bag tutorial, Sewbeeit42! One of these days I will learn how to do links!

and Latrinka, the 12" zipper worked perfect for me--the zipper tape on a 12" zipper measures 13 1/2" which matched up perfectly to the cut dimensions of the fabric and this way you don't have to sew over the teeth of the zipper and possibly break a machine needle. But if you have longer zippers on hand I have seen other tutorials that sew the side seams right over the teeth of the zipper and cut off the excess length. So either one would probably work.
Oh, ok. I borrowed some zippers from a neighbor, and they were like 20 and 22 inch I think, but I had read where you can sew over the nylon ones, and just cut excess off. Was a little nervous doing this, but just went slow, and it worked fine. Glad to know that 12 inch would really be the right size for this, just bought 2 14 inch at joanns day before yesterday, but oh well! Can still use them at least. Wish I could post photos of the two I made, they came out really cute I think.