Old 03-28-2015, 06:06 AM
JENNR8R

Default Flimsy Paper Clothes Sewing Pattern Question

The last time I used a clothes pattern with the flimsy paper was in seventh grade home economics. I was totally lost in the class and had to ask the teacher how to do each step. My finished dress was sewn together wrong side out... I decided that sewing was not my gift and vowed never to do that again!

...fast forward 50 years... I ordered a rag jacket pattern. It sounded so easy and fun to make that I thought I could do it, and guess what? IT HAS A FLIMSY PAPER PATTERN!!!

The pattern has markings from extra small to extra/extra large. I'm supposed to make it the size that fits me.

1. What if I made one for a skinny friend and then wanted to make another one for my larger frame? If I cut the flimsy paper up for the extra small, don't I ruin it for any larger size?

2. Is that flimsy paper designed for one use only? Will I have to buy another pattern every time I want to make one?

3. Can I preserve that flimsy paper to make more than one jacket? Can I trace the flimsy paper pattern onto some other paper to keep the original pattern?

What have I gotten myself into? I think I need a paper bag to breathe into.