View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 08:06 AM
mommafank

Just to add to this thread, I am color blind. Found out years ago in psychology class and my professor did a little dance. He had been looking for a color blind woman for many years. I took this test and yes, still cannot see any numbers but the first one. I do pretty good with colors. The basic ones are easy as you are conditioned from the time you are born to know what they are and then when you see that you know it is blue or red etc. But there are lots of browns and greens that I cannot get right as well as dark blues and dark purples, lavender, gray and light blues mix me up. Golds and greens often also catch me up. I usually have to ask someone like hubby or daughter but sometimes I just ask the store clerks or another shopper to help me if I am not sure. Must say I have put some strange things together as I used to do beading and now quilting. So now you have actually heard from a real color blind female.

Interestingly enough, I have had to take a couple of these tests for physicals and when I told the examiner that I am color blind I was accused of lying.