Old 03-28-2015, 10:05 PM
earthwalker
Power Poster

Default Your Opinions on a Singer 4432 (marketed as heavy duty)

I am a 'vintage' enthusiast, but recently have been having a lot of trouble with machine quilting. My machine just can't seem to handle batting (it's fine if I use a thin sheet or flannel) even the thinnest batting available is a struggle. I bought a walking foot, but that seems to make it worse and I have to battle to get the quilt under it. Anyway, I have been researching newer machines and came across the Singer 4432. I use a lot of denim in my projects and it is supposed to be able to handle multiple layers (useful I thought, for bags etc).

So people, what do you reckon? The Singer 4432 is priced at $599.00. Which is about the max I can spare at this time. I would still have to purchase a walking foot, but they have one specifically for this machine at an affordable price. Currently I sew on a Pinnock SewMatic (c1950).

I love to handquilt, but 'time is not my friend' and currently machine quilting is becoming a less than relaxing/satisfying pastime.

All comments welcome. Here's a link to the machine in question http://www.singerco.com.au/products/...duty-4432.html