Old 03-29-2015, 05:09 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
Sounds yummy! Yes, warm ham sounds a lot better to me. I already researched some ham crock pot recipes online. So far many of them seem a bit sugary but maybe I can substitute other flavors and liquids. Thanks for mentioning the bird's nest dessert. Sounds very cute and I do not need an oven. I will need to research the honeymoon salad dessert to see what that is.
I do ham rolls in the crock all the time. Yes, there are lots of add-ins that can be done, but I find that some water is all that is needed. The ham has enough of its own flavour, that no more is needed IMHO! Plus, I have found than many of them change the colour of the ham ... orange juice, pineapple, maple syrup, brown sugar with mustard, are some I have tried, and then gone back to plain old water!

I'm not sure what your traditional meal would be, but often with ham is scalloped potatoes. You can do quite respectable ones in the crock pot too. Then of course, the microwave would zap your veggies in short order, or do on the stove top.

No over does not mean you have to miss your traditional Easter Dinner. ENJOY your meal ... and more so, your time with your family.

As for me ... My Easter dinner was this week when a friend was here! Yes, ham and scallopeds. Though I did do the potatoes in the oven. Have frozen some single portion dinners from the leftovers. So that just might be my Easter Dinner as I will be home alone ...... and happy for it, as hopefully I will be doing some quilting!