Old 03-29-2015, 06:54 AM
Bubbie

Jennr8r, take a deep breath - you will be JUST FINE. I do a LOT of garment making (granddaughter, granddog, etc..), so the pattern thing is going to be ok and reusable. You can go to the local copy store (this is NOT going to be a copyright problem, because this is for YOUR use), some copy stores will have you sign a waiver that the pattern you are coping is for "YOUR USE and NOT FOR SALE". If the pattern is large in size, most stores have a large machine that will take the whole pattern in one shot (you are charged by the sq ft for this - it helps if your pattern has all of the wrinkles out of it too). The other method is to cut your pattern apart (on the largest size - when it has multiple sizes), then you can use a copy machine to take copies of the pattern as you move it around. This will require you to cut and tape the pattern together to make it work. I only use this method on kids cloths because it's too much work. When I take my patterns home I will cut them out and I use a dot of glue to hold to fabric as I cut out, when finished I fold new pattern with sizes written on each one and what it's for (ie: front right, etc...). When all finished I place in a folder with the original pattern, this way I can see the finished product on the original pattern and I have my working pattern with the original. Good luck