Old 03-29-2015, 09:50 AM
Greeter Eva

In 1959, my husband bought me a Domestic machine at Eatons in Canada. It was green & a kind of bronze color. It was the best machine I ever had. But you know how it is , you are shown a fancier machine & you fall for it. I sold it, & I've never seen one like it after that.My machine came from Eatons in Saskatoon , Sk. Canada.I would love to see one again.It was a real work horse. >>
Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
The other day I started a thread about how I was offered an
older Viking sewing machine. Well, I picked it up and brought it home and started researching my model and serial numbers only to find out it is not a Viking machine. :cry: (even though it says Viking on the front).
The machine says Domestic on the back. So, I did some online digging around and found out I have a Domestic Brand machine, but the serial# is White, but I found the manual for it from Singer. (model#1665, serial #7996)
Now I am thoroughly confused as to what kind of machine I really have. And I still can't find out how old it is.
Well, it is metal and well-built, but came with no extras.
Did I get a good machine? At this point, I am so confused as to what I've ended up with. Can anybody shed any light? Thank you!