Old 03-29-2015, 10:05 AM
ArchaicArcane

Default Vintage Collectible but not sewing machine

Over the last year or so, I've dabbled a little with knitting. I knitted (poorly) as a kid and then not again for probably another 30 years. I made DH a sock for his cast when he broke his toe last year, and did a little arm knitting after his accident. Yesterday, while we were out, I decided to check a thrift store for some needles for a particular project and maybe some yarn to practice with. It was there that I scored this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]515163[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]515164[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]515165[/ATTACH]

Anyone know anything about these and why the likelihood of me finding one of these in Canada and in 2015 was so slim? I did find a little information last night (and no, I didn't know what I had until I Googled it) but I'd love to know if any of the QB members know about it.

No, I don't think I'll use the needles original to the case. I guess they're made of celluloid which is both flammable and fragile by this time. I may use the crochet hooks though. I don't know if they belonged in there, but there were 4 in that spot and another 6 in a separate bag tucked inside the case.
Attached Thumbnails img_3882.jpg   img_3880.jpg   img_3881.jpg