Old 03-29-2015, 12:24 PM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
J1) if I bought the pattern at a place where they go on sale every so often, I would buy another pattern.If I needed two sizes of it. (I am willing to spend four dollars for two patterns - but unwilling to spend forty dollars for two patterns.

2) if you want to trace the original pattern and keep it intact,

one can buy pattern tracing material - it is usually found with the interfacings
one can also use parchment paper - found on rolls - it is used to line baking pans - somewhere in many grocery stores
One can also buy vellum on rolls - it is found with drafting supplies

3) that flimsy tissue paper is surprisingly tough and can be used more than once.

4) I usually repackage my used patterns in a larger ziplock bag. I can usually refold it to fit the original envelope, but it is a battle.

Breathe. Take your measurements. Pattern sizes and ready -to- wear sizes may differ. Match your measurements the the size on the pattern envelope!

For a starter project - select something forgiving as to fit and construction.
I would like to add that whether you buy or trace several copies on paper or some such, if you iron light weight iinterfacing to the back, they wear like iron, and can be used many times. I do this with any pattern I want to keep for future endeavors.