View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 06:50 PM
Rodney

Originally Posted by KenmoreRulesAll View Post
"KRA you are getting as bad as me. I just keep adding to the herd."

My house is full but my heart isn't. I don't get it. I have no idea when I'll be sated. What is this need I keep trying to fill?
I think (for me at least) it's the thrill of the hunt. The hunter/gatherer instinct is still pretty strong in us.
I do try to have a purpose in mind for any new purchases. I can't say it's a perfect system but it at least helps. I have the handcrank sewing project for kids and I'm starting a 4-H group with Roserips for sewing and a couple other things. I'm already giving one of the girls a machine because she doesn't have one of her own.

That Necchi is a great looking machine and the cabinet is a great mid century modern piece. I'm not a huge fan of the style. I do like the better examples though and that looks like a quality piece of furniture. The $20 301 was a complete steal. Actually I would have had trouble walking away from any of them. There might be a decent cabinet hiding under the White ( I do like the machine) but I'd have to see it in person before I decided whether it was worth the effort to save or not. I've had a few opportunities but still haven't pulled the trigger on the modern white colored Kenmores. I know they're good machines but they just don't attract me as much as the older ones.
It does look like you had a good weekend.
Rodney