View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 07:12 PM
Dina

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
At first I thought the white was too white. I think of the SW as being more sand/beige colors, but this quilt has a lot of the same colors and the white looks fine. When I did a Yahoo search for Navajo quilt images I saw a lot of patterns with white, reds, blacks and others with oranges, beiges and both types mixed with blues. I think it just comes down to whether you like it and whether it matches the room or painting or whatever it is you want to match.

Footnote: I always question my choices about half way through a quilt and typically don't like much about it. But then....I finish it and get it quilted and fall in love with it again. I think your choices are quite lovely and will look very SW when you are finished.
Actually, the lightest color really isn't white....it is a light sand color...it just looks white in the photo. I appreciate you saying you question your choices about half way through the process, makes me feel better. I ALWAYS do that, and I think it is time for me to stop, but I guess I am not going to....being as this is my 93rd quilt and I just don't see me stopping. My sister and son both told me just today that I always think I don't like a quilt in the middle, but I end up liking it in the end.

Thanks for your kind comments.

Dina