Old 03-29-2015, 08:18 PM
Rose_P

Originally Posted by selm View Post
To use the pattern twice. Make the larger size first, then you can cut down to the other size. And, as was mentioned match size to person's measurements allowing extra for "ease". You could also cut one out of muslin to see how it fits before you cut the good fabric.
Caution: this might not work because the curves will often cross from one size to the next. Your best bet is to trace it out on cheap but sturdy sew-in type interfacing. It will be much easier to work with and every size can be used. I learned this at a home party for Stretch and Sew in the 1970's and have used that technique many times for patterns that I wanted to use more than once, such as kid's pull-on shorts as they grew through the years. Be sure to trace the markings that indicate grain and the dots that have to match. Use a Sharpie or some such that is permanent and won't smear on your fabric.

I almost forgot to mention that it's important to iron (no steam, low setting) both the interfacing and the tissue pattern before you begin to trace. Best wishes!