View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 02:11 AM
Sharonquilts

Geez! I woke up at 2:30 a.m. dreaming about mid & long arm machines and got on the computer to read all your comments and researched some machines and reviews, etc. I primarily make lap quilts that I donate to a local nursing home and I purchase all the materials to make them myself. (Although I have just started a bargello quilt for me ... haven't kept any quilts I've made so far.) I just purchased a Juki F600 in Sept/Oct 2014 which I thoroughly love. I'm struggling with FMQ...just can't get that rhythm I keep reading about...and thought perhaps a mid or long arm machine might help perfect my skills.

The closest mid or long arm dealer is at least 2 hours away. And, realistically, a mid arm would probably make more sense space wise for my setup. What I'm gathering from your comments so far re: your investment in a LA is recouping your investment wasn't a big factor in your decision to buy one...but more your ability to produce quilts easier, faster, and perhaps quilt better?

I may regret having started this "thread". I know this is going to bug me until I can actually test drive one of these machines. LOL Thanks to all of you for sharing.