Thread: vintage parts
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 06:38 PM
Littledreamdevil

Default vintage parts

Hi Everyone,
Thank you for all the information everyone gave me on my Kenmore 8 Stitch Sewing Machine Model 158 13450. I have been buying some presser feet for my machine, now that I know it is low shank...Would have been lost without all your help. I come on here almost every day and read what everyone is buying and the machines everyone is putting together. It is just amazing to me how much you all know. If I live to be a million years old (hope not) I sure wont know a rain drop in a cup of what I see most of you do in your post. How in the world did you figure out how to do such amazing stiff. I have been on the Internet for three weeks straight now, every spare minute I have trying to figure out if my machine can take a Monogram Foot, button hole attachment, thing that would make my sewing easier. Stuff that is different than the usual presser feet. How do I figure out what feet my machine take? When I go on ebay or sites like that to find vintage parts, the feet don't say high or low shank, and how do I find out just what vintage parts my machine can use, What is the "trick" to knowing all this stuff with out spend money on parts that your machine can't use and how do you know what parts you machine can use. I sure don't want to get stuck with parts my machine can't use and have to just put the part in my husband garage...ha ha..I already told him to stay out of my new sewing room.

Thank you
littledreamdevil