View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 03:55 PM
2 Doods

I had made a quilt for my mom a couple of years ago while she was in the hospital. My dad always whined that it was to short for taking naps. Well it wasn't made for him-so what did he expect?

I decided it was time to make him his own and thought it would be perfect for his Christmas gift. I bought fabric, cut out and sewed blocks and the more I worked on it the more I hated it. Bought more fabric and changed a few blocks--Nope! Still not liking anything about it. So the week before Christmas, I threw it all in a box and started pulling fabric from my stash. I googled "masculine quilts" to get ideas. A couple of fabrics have leaves but I made sure there is not a flower anywhere on it. (He wouldn't let my mom put any floral things in their condo). It has a plaid flannel backing.

I didn't have to buy anything-I even had the backing and batting. I finished this just in time-PHEW! We opened our gifts Christmas Eve.

So here is my dad with his very own nap quilt. Havn't heard a whine out of him since! Guess it's working :lol:

Bobby with his new nap quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]65915[/ATTACH]

Bobby's nap quilt 2009
[ATTACH=CONFIG]65916[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-65910.jpe   attachment-65911.jpe