Thread: Beware
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 08:20 AM
MissM

Default Beware

In Feb DH and I visited the Kansas Troubles Quilt Shop in Bennington, KS. I purchased 2 quilt kits a large and small one, some small wool scraps and one pinking blade for my rotatory cutter. The bill was $200.00+, which is a sizable sum when you are on a fixed income. Sunday I opened the large quilt kit and discovered there was no pattern. These kits are made up by the store staff and tied with twined, with just a paper tag that just has a name of the kit and price on it. So I assumed the pattern had fell out in the store, or was mistakenly omitted. Called.. I am told only the small kits have patterns included, large kits..patterns are sold separately. I say well no one mentioned that when I made the purchase and I assumed it was in the kit; hence the name kit. All other kits I have ever purchased the pattern was included. Robert (store owner) says no that it not a standard practice. However, bottom line he is mailing me a free pattern, so that is a good thing. My question to all of you, do you generally find that when you buy a kit the pattern is included? To me it's not a kit without the pattern.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-31-2015 at 11:58 AM. Reason: remove some negativity