View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 02:00 PM
AnnEliz

Seven years ago, I made a brightly colored quilt for my husband's great grandson. I sent it out and was told that the baby didn't like it. He cried whenever he was put down on the quilt. They live far from us and we can't get to visit them, but everyone who has ever visited has not seen the quilt. I purchased the most expensive fabric in the LQS and I loved it. I thought he would be able to see the colors and look at them, but that's all I ever heard about it. It ran $300+ for the fabrics involved and I hand quilted it. I had all the bright basic colors in it: yellow, orange, red, blue, green, purple. It was 6 inch blocks of each color and put together in the form of steps--really cute and large enough to be used for a long long time. I was really hurt and so have never made another one and there was another little boy came along 3 years later. Needless to say, he didn't get a quilt, but I was hoping he mignt like his brother's. Never heard another word. Now they are coming to visit this summer and want to stay with us. Do you girls think I should ask about the quilt? lol (but not laughing really). By the say, I, too, love the second picture, but they are all really really great and every one would be nice.