View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 05:05 PM
Billi

OK not a boom or a finished ufo/challenge quilt but I really really want to share 2 quilts I made for my in-laws. They are oversized couch quilts. Quite a few months ago my lqs had a couple of kits on sale for 70% off. Now this kit didn't jump into my hands saying you love me buy me. It was more of a I like the colors and for $30 for fabric for a twin size quilt sure I'll take both of them. Brought them home and tossed them in the closet with the rest of the stash. Fast forward to the March and all 8of my quilts are bound and while I. Have a few other flimsies I could (read should) work on I really wanted to get the quilts for the in-laws done but what to do what to do. While browsing my fabric (read mess) I found the kits oh my gosh that's perfect for a masculine quilt and the colors work in their house. So the first one I just got back from the LA it is the kit exactly. I didn't want two exactly the same so skimming my emails I saw msq had just uploaded a new tutorial sunburst dresden..... Holy crap it's a perfect complement to the first quilt so I used that other kit and made it for my mil. Not going to lie I kind of love it. Just took it in to be quilted today. Unfortunately she is very busy and since I'm having this one custom done I won't get it back till late may. . I present to you Life in the fast lane and starburst dresden (I need a better name for that one)
Attached Thumbnails 2015-03-31-17.38.51.jpg   2015-03-31-17.39.26.jpg