View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 07:06 PM
moomos

Default Long arm quilter

Originally Posted by Sharonquilts View Post
In reading throughout this board, it seems there are many who own a long arm quilting machine. Are there some of you who are not professional LA's? By that, I mean, you don't do LAQ as a business. I don't know that I, personally, can justify a LAM so I'm hoping you can help me understand more about LAQ and how you benefit most from having one.

Please understand I am not judging. You are entitled to have whatever machine(s) you want ... so PLEASE don't be offended by my questions ... I'm just trying to learn how I would benefit from a LAM sometime in the future if I could afford to. I realize you can do larger quilts. Do you find your "quilting" is better, the same? Is FMQ easier on a LA? I'm eager to learn whatever you wish to share.

Thank you!
Sharon
My mom and I purchased an hq16 and love it.. We self taught and enjoy using it for pleasure and some friends have given us quilts to do for them. We are not professionals, but have fun. No only to figure out the pro stitcher. We cannot understand that. Anyone that knows how to use it can help us. We would appreciate it. Have a great day!!!!!m