Old 04-01-2015, 04:34 AM
janRN

Good morning! Sun is shining and it's supposed to go to 55* today (right now it's 20*). All winter our entire area has been following 2 bald eagle families via webcams. Both had 2 eggs in their nests. Found out this week that none of the eggs survived the winter weather, no eaglets this year. Bald eagles are rare around here, returned just last year and 3 eaglets survived.

Usually when MrJan travels I clean my house from top to bottom. Well, I've done none of that and now I'm having some fellow quilters over on Friday. Guess how I'll be spending my next 2 days LOL. They want to try out my Sweet 16, both have machines on Gracie frames but aren't satisfied with the amount of actual quilting space you get before having to roll the quilt. Six months ago I would have given them mine--hated it. But something "clicked" and now I'm getting the hang of FMQ. I've gone beyond stippling (a little, still use it a lot) and have done leaves, flowers, stars, etc. I'm excited. Can't get the hang of feathers--mine look like wieners on a stick.

Have a great day ladies, do something you love while I slave away cleaning!