View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 08:04 AM
Macybaby

I was concerned about the expense and if I'd like it, so I started out with a 15" Bailey on a king size Gracie frame with the speed control. It wasn't a huge investment. And I loved the quilting so much that I found myself frustrated with the small/slow machine and last fall upgraded to an 24" HQ Fusion. It "corrected" all the little annoyances I found with the Bailey (but a huge additional cost as a trade off).

I have no regrets starting out with the Bailey - it was very affordable and a great machine within it's capabilities. It now belongs to a good friend, and I would not have sold it to her if I didn't believe it was a good machine. She likes having it, but does not "love" the quilting part like I do - she has no plans of ever "outgrowing it" like I did.

I would like to do quilting for others at some point - not so much to make money but because I love that part of it. BTW - Mine is set up in the formal dining room. It was the only room in the house long enough for the 12'6" frame. Never used it for eating anyway.

Last edited by Macybaby; 04-02-2015 at 08:07 AM.