View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 09:16 AM
luvstoquilt

I will be retired 6 years this Sept. I find I am so busy I wonder how I ever managed working! I am never bored but that is my personality. I can always find something to do. I totally agree with Jeanne S. Make sure all of your affairs are in order and don't over do on volunteering. Just relax and enjoy life. I am pretty frugal and spending is a bit frightening but I am learning to stop worrying so much about the "what ifs". Being a widow makes it a bit harder because I don't have someone to discuss large purchases. I would suggest you get up every day and get dressed and go out sometime during the day. Make new friends but keep the old ones close. Nothing in this world beats girlfriends. I moved to Illinois from NJ to be closer to my grandchildren. It has been a good move for me though finding friends was at first pretty hard. Now I belong to a quilt group, a hand quilting group, volunteer at the library and do lunch with my friends. I found that if I just went about the business of enjoying my life I would run into people that enjoyed the same things. It worked for me!