Old 04-06-2015, 02:41 PM
dfelker

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter
ok, I want to do better, any help is appreciated. Sorry I am not perfect. I'm wondering if I should give it up. sorry ladies, I am a bit depressed today. thanks for having me here anyway. hope e evryone had a nice day yesterday, I did. I have some sewing to do so I will talk to you all later.

Don't give up!! I, myself have thought the same way and Brat just wouldn't have it. She said just keep at it. Practice makes you better, and as you see pictures of others it will make you think...OH now I see what they are talking about. She was right OF COURSE! I find that I am having a harder time seeing as I get older and WHOOSH that seemed to happen overnight! Measuring is the hardest part for me... just when I think I have it squared up, I look at it and it will be a little off. It's Gremlins I tell ya!! Also, it is easy for me to get distracted, so I only work on 1 project at a time on my table. I know Rome was built in a day and EVERYONE makes mistakes, so don't beat yourself up.

My best advice is, if you are frustrated of just not feeling it- just walk away and come back to it after a few hours or even the next morning with a fresh perspective.

I am happy to help you as much as I can, although I have only been at this for a short bit myself. Everyone has a different style. I personally love raw edge applique...not everyone does tho'. Some people fold over the back fabric and tack it down on the front for binding. Others use binding. Pick a style and make that your own by practicing.

Anytime you would like to side swap for practice I am absolutely there for you!!