Old 04-07-2015, 07:35 AM
SteveH
Banned

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
... and help me figure out what is needed to get my case fixed up.
Ok, last night was a little hectic (we had another seizure episode with my old Husky) but I was able to play with the machine a little to unwind.

1. Cathy was 100% correct, that little hole is the lock. After using tweezers to pull out the majority of the crud, and a q-tip wrapped with 0000 steel wool, and then a q-tip with oil to clean up, it actually works!!!! I even have a key that it likes. The lock is a pawl that when you move the case release to the left and turn the key it prevents the arm from coming back to release. TOO COOL!

2. that front board is only 3/8" inch thick and has a simple shape. I can make that and the parts lid very easily. Would you prefer to have me draft them up for you to make or just make it and send you the raw wood to mount and stain to match?

3. The left slide plate is a simple rectangle but it has a flat spring underneath similar to a 66. Again, I have the Slide steel and the spring steel so I can make you one if you want.

4. The machine release pin I can make as well, but I will need to disassemble mine to see how it is shaped inside and how the spring mounts/retains it. I will get to that probably tonight.