Old 04-07-2015, 09:30 AM
ladyinpurple135

Patsy Thompson has a terrific video on a set of feet from Janime that will fit several machines - Baby Lock, Viking, Bernina and Pfaff if I remember correctly. And she shows how these attachments fit on each machine. The video is terrific - I just stumbled across it and can't exactly remember the address but try googling Patsy Thompson.

I heard all all about being able to do long arm-type quilting on a domestic machine using these foot and special rulers. Our regular rulers won't work as they are too thin. The foot is a hopping foot and needs the 1/4" rulers that long adders use - and boy are they pricey!!! I found Amy at the AQS Lancaster show but she didn't have the rulers available at that time. I did purchase the Janome feet at the show - luckily with a 20% off show special - and the feet aren't cheap either. But I'm hoping that this whole set-up will help me gain some confidence and ability to be able to decently quilt my own work - for myself and for my quilt guilds as charity quilts. The whole machine quilting thing gives me the willies and I tend to do all the wrong things because, perhaps, I'm trying too hard???

I'll be going up to Quilt Odyssey in Hershey this summer and I'm hoping that I will find more info, rulers, etc. since this is a really new idea on the quilting market. People are always asking me what I've seen new at the big quilt shows and for the last bunch of years there really hasn't been anything I would call "new". But this domestic/long arm cross-over, in my opinion, will revolutionize home quilting, like the rotary cutter did more than 30 years ago.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC