View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 05:37 PM
pastormarilyn

I retired six years ago and this is what I am doing. I joined our local Senior Citizens Center which was voted the best in the country. I took quilting classes, painting classes, and many other classes. We have a travel club and I have gone to South Africa, to the Kentucky Derby and other short trips. I now teach classes there: Jazzy Bags, Scrapbooking, and Basic Quilting. I also belong to two Quilting Guilds. I have gone to the Houston Quilting Show twice and to our local quilting shows each year. I don't allow any water under my feet. I have a studio in my home, with everything I need to all my crafting and I bought a long arm machine last year. I had to bedrooms made into my studio. I am living the best days of my life and enjoying every minute of it. We have more days behind us than we have in front of us, so I say do all that you want to and can do while you have good health. I am going back to Europe in 2016. I always said, I buried a husband and raised two children. This is my time!! Enjoy your retirement.