Old 04-08-2015, 04:30 AM
carriem

Hello all I just caught up on several pages from the group. So nice to read all the updates!

I haven't had a lot of time on the computer lately or in my craft room...at least not quilting. We have been busy getting ready for DD's graduation party...we made her invitations (send those last week), working on cleaning up the yard, shop, etc. Deep cleaned and painted the kitchen/living room and got it put back together over the Easter weekend. Now that these things are done I *need* to get DD's graduation quilt done! That is the plan for this weekend. Her party is the end of April...she's been done with school since mid-Jan so doesn't want until the end of May.

Before my retreat I was offered a job at an insurance office in the small town where DH works (about 10mins from home...so we can carpool). It is office work...this is my third week and I am enjoying it so far. It is a very good opportunity...something I thought I would like to do when the kids were all out of school, but not something I could pass up now as it most likely wouldn't be available in 4-5yrs. I am starting at just 3 days/wk in the afternoons...during the summer I will work 5 afternoons some weeks...that is what they would eventually like me to work all the time. Youngest DD is helping MIL now and I will still take MIL to doctor's appts. when needed.

In addition to the new job the kids are shooting at the National Archery tournament in KY, so have 3 practices a week in preparation for that.

Busy times, but we are getting into a good routine so things are going well.