View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 09:29 AM
quiltlady1941

Default right side and wrong side?

This is a crazy question and I feel very like I should know this.. but I don't....

I am quilting a full size quilt doing stippling on my new Brother and will be using a fabric that is like minky, I think...my DF who I am making this quilt for wanted something warm and soft so she bought this fabric.. when I seen it I wasn't to happy but then why not try it..I'm still not sure if it is minky, it is a furry fabric very soft and stretches one way more then the other.

The fabric is hard to tell which side is the right side and which side is the wrong side, or is there no right or wrong side with this fabric? The fabric is furry, almost like something a teddy bear would be made from, on one side the fur is longer then the other side, the short side is almost like a velvet but maybe a little bit longer and when you brush the fabric you can see the nape get darker, the other longer side dose the same thing when you brush it to one side..

So is there a right and wrong side to this fabric? I have already spray basted and pinned it with the longer side showing but I guess I could take it apart and put the short side showing... then again the spray basting might make it hard to push the quilt around in the machine..as it wold be on the right side also if I flipped the fabric.. oh boy what I don't get myself into.. .... for some reason I could not upload a picture ...sorry..