Thread: MQX show
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 10:16 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Butterfli19, I gather you have never actually attended MQX. It IS a quilt show and a fantastic one! The only thing is all the quilts in it are machine quilted. Some are domestic machine quilted and some are longarm quilted. None are hand quilted.

Butterfi19 is absolutely incorrect, it is ABSOLUTELY a venue where you can ooh and ahh over all the quilts displayed. There are AMAZING wonderful quilts to ooh and aaah over at MQX. It is a wonderful show to go to with lots of quilts but none are hand quilted they are all machine quilted. They are judged as well so there are ribbon winners and tons of categories. And loads of big name quilters have exhibited there. In addition the vendors are fantastic and loads of them. Naturally all the major long arm vendors are there with demo machines set up for you to try but there are also loads of quilt shops vending with fabrics, threads, notions, etc. I have gotten some fabulous hand dyes at MQX as well as Asian fabric and the thread specials are awesome. Superior has a booth every year. Yes there are many vendors catering to long arm quilters but plenty for the domestic machine quilter to salivate over as well. It is a great show. I will be there on Saturday with a friend. You should absolutely go, you won't regret it!